Iron and zinc both play significant roles in
your ability to concentrate, especially on demanding tasks involving memory
and reasoning, Researchers don't know exactly how iron and zinc
affect your mental function, but recent studies indicate that even a
slight deficiency will show up right away as a problem with memory and
attention span, even before a blood test can detect low levels,
• Zinc levels also strongly correlate to ADHD patients. Psychiatry department researchers at Technical University in Turkey compared 48 ADHD children to 45 non-ADHD children. While free fatty acid levels in blood serum were nearly four times lower in ADHD children, mean serum zinc levels in ADHD patients were also less than half the levels of the controls.Bekaroglu M, et al. Relationships between serum free fatty acids and zinc, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a research note. J Child Psychol Psychiatry 1996 Feb;37(2):225-7.
• 34 women between the ages of 18 and 40 performed within normal range of memory when slightly deficient in zinc and iron. However, when they were given either 30 mg of zinc or iron daily, they made gains up to 20 percent higher on standard tests for memory. Control patients given only a multivitamin/mineral supplement daily showed no improvement. Sandstead explains that the gains were minimal when these two trace minerals were taken together. Zinc and iron, in supplement form, block each other's absorption, but not when they are in foods, as part of the diet.In a study by Harold Sandstead, M.D., at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston ("Zinc-Iron Supplements Boost Memory," University of Texas Medical Branch, July 1991 [press release].,
• The book, Build Your Brain Power, by Arthur Winter, M.D., and Ruth Winter, cites animal and human studies revealing that zinc deficiency brings on "memory and learning impairment."
• Zinc: Association suggested between zinc deficiency and ADHD. Serum zinc levels in ADHD group were significantly lower than controls, Zinc Deficiency in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Toren, et al, Biol. Psychiatry, 1996;40:1308-1310.
• Zinc deficiency may make children irritable, tearful, sullen and have gaze aversion, Moyna Han, Zinc Deficiency and Disturbances of Mood and Visula Behavior, Lancet, 1:91, 1976.
• Dr. Penland produced the first evidence that zinc supplementation of young children may improve cognition and psychomotor function. Treatment with Zinc was associated with improved attention (continuous vigilance task), reasoning (oddity task) and psychomotor function (tapping and tracking tasks) Mineral Element Nutrition, Neurophsychological Function and Behavior Research Laboratory
Tonic's all natural ingredients contribute to a better quality of life.
The manufacturer, distributers and marketers do not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the information or the consequences arising from the application, use, or misuse of any of the information contained herein, including any injury and/or damage to any person or property as a matter of product liability, negligence, or otherwise. No warranty, expressed or implied, is made in regard to the contents of this material. No claims or endorsements are made for any drugs or compounds currently marketed or in investigative use. This material is not intended as a guide to self-medication. The reader is advised to discuss the information provided here with a doctor, pharmacist, nurse, or other authorized healthcare practitioner and to check product information (including package inserts) regarding dosage, precautions, warnings, interactions, and contraindications before administering any drug, herb, or supplement discussed herein. Our products are manufactured in Johannesburg, South Africa, at a certified GMP laboratory. GMP stands for Good Manufacturing Practice. It is a recognised standard of quality for pharmaceutical and supplement manufacture and is enforced through regular governement inspections, controls and checks. COA certifies our ingredients. This stands for Certificate of Analysis and is a recognised world wide industry standard for quality of pharmaceutical and supplement ingredients.
© 2012 Smart Supplements
Site design by: